- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4 pound beef rib roast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For dry rub, in a small bowl combine salt, mustard, espresso powder, pepper, garlic, onion powder, thyme, oregano, coriander, and celery seeds. Set aside.
- Rub oil over roast. Sprinkle the dry rub evenly over roast; rub in with your fingers.
- Place roast fat side up in a large roasting pan. Roast for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F. for medium-rare doneness or 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 150 degrees F. for medium doneness.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board. Cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.